Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Spread Thankful Acts this Thanksgiving Season & Beyond!


As I was reflecting last night on our Thanksgiving holiday, that is just a few days away, I thought to myself how fitting it is to celebrate Thanksgiving as a prelude to the Christmas season. 
Without thankful hearts, it is hard to spread Joy and Good Cheer.  If we each stop and think for a moment, I am sure each of us could come up with a couple of things to be thankful for.

One of our customers emailed us the following poem which speaks to being thankful for things we can take for granted.  This poem is entitled, "Thankful" (anonymous).

Thankful

I am thankful for the wife who says, "It's hot dogs tonight!" because that means she is home with me and not with someone else.

For the husband who is on the sofa, who is being a couch potato because he is home whit me and not out at the bars.

For the teenager who is complaining about doing the dishes because it means she is home and not on the streets.

For the taxes I pay, because it means I am employed.

For the mess to clean after the party, because it means I have been surrounded by friends.

For the clothes that fit a little too snug, because it means I have enough to eat.

For the lawn that needs mowing, windows that need cleaning and gutters that need fixing, because it all means that I have a home.

For all the complaining I hear about the government, because it means we have freedom of speech.

For the parking spot I find at the far end of the parking lot, because it means I am capable of walking and that I have been blessed with transportation.

For my huge heating bill, because it means I am warm.

For weariness and aching muscles at the end of the day, because it means I have been capable of working hard.

For the alarm that goes off in the early morning hours, because it means I am alive.

If we stop and think about it, we really do have much to be thankful for. 
Have you ever considered Thanking Forward? 
--When at the grocery store:  purchase a $10.00 or more gift card for use of the customer who is next in line.

--When at the post office:  buy a book of stamps and instruct the postal service personnel to use that pre-purchased book for those next in line who need a stamp or two, or perhaps the whole book!
--When at the gas station:  prepay fuel for the next car that comes up to the pump you are leaving. 


Their  "thank you" will go forward to the kind unknown person who just made their day! 


 Happy Thanksgiving and Happy "Thanking Forward"

HG Labs and Harmony Aromatherapy green cleaners
                                      would love to hear your experiences of "Thanking Forward"

—please leave us a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment